Riken Corporation endeavors to properly manage and protect personal information in conformity with "Act on the Protection of Personal Information" and other applicable laws and regulations in Japan through the measures explained below.
- Having established a "Personal Information Protection Guideline," we instruct our executives and employees to be compliant with the guideline.
- Specifying our purpose of utilization, we collect personal information to the extent necessary for achieving the purpose and through lawful and proper manner. If we obtain personal information via third parties, we observe that the parties obtain the information through lawful and proper manner, and we make sure individuals' rights, interests and privacy are not to be harmed.
- We do not provide personal information to third parties without prior consent of the person except in cases in which the provision of personal information is required by laws and regulations.
- We maintain personal information accurate and up-to-date to the extent necessary for achieving our purpose of utilization. With the expiration of the period during which we utilize personal information to achieve our specific purpose, we shall dispose of the information in question by appropriate methods. In addition, we take security measures in conformity with laws and regulations for the prevention of leakage, loss, damage, unauthorized access/usage/destruction/alteration, and so forth.
- If we contract with other companies to provide services on our behalf using personal information, we select reliable contactors, and take such measures as setting forth requirements, in the contract, specific and limited usage of personal information, maintenance of confidentiality and liability for damages. We also exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over the contractors to ensure security control of the entrusted personal information.
- We keep track of users' access logs information on our Website, such as IP address. We utilize this information to monitor how our Website is being viewed. Except for the pages where user recognition is necessary, we will not use the information to personally identify the user.